Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Original Post on page bottom (Read 134 times)

Gunslinger
Flatfender Master
Owner Member 2012

Cj3a, M38A1,

Original Post on page bottom
07/17/19 at 11:55:48
Print Post  
I believe something changed in the way forum posts show up on my screen.  I was very used to reading posts in order by date from the top down, oldest to newest.  At some point that changed, the first post at the top of the page is now the most recent reply, not the original post.  I'm pretty sure I'm the cause, but I can't seem to find the remedy, any ideas?
PS, if there is more than one page I have to go the the last page and read forward, very weird thing to do...

Climbs trees, hides in the long grass, hangs out with wet dogs...

IP Logged

MikeP
3A Lover

if it dont work hit it
with a hammer

Re: Original Post on page bottom
Reply #1 - 07/17/19 at 12:27:37
Print Post  
go to usercp then edit profile and then the 3rd page of settings and scroll down till you see do you want to reverse the displayed order and check it off

1950 willys cj3a
IP Logged

Rus Curtis
Flatfender Enthusiast

Retired

Reply #2 - 07/17/19 at 13:36:15
Print Post  
MikeP should get an A++ for finding that!

I went to CP but couldn't find that option.  Eventually I poked around and found it under Settings/ Options.  When I found this toggle, it had an explanation:

Quote:
Do you want to reverse the displayed order of posts in the topic?
If checked, posts are displayed from most recent post first to oldest post last. If unchecked, the oldest post displays first, newest post displayed last.
Note: You can change this option by clicking on the name of the topic on the topic page.

The Note caught my attention.  I went back to the Board Index and selected a topic at random.  Right by the Title of the thread there is an arrow and a folder icon.  When I clicked the title, like the Note said, the arrow changed up to down.  Clicked again, and the arrow changed again down to up.  I noted the dates each time.  One click changed it to latest post on top (what Gunslinger didn't want) and another click switched it back (watch the arrow change) to first post on top.  Then I naturally had to check to see if it applied to all posts/threads or just the one opened.  When you click to change, it appears to change all. 

So, you can also just click the title of any of the posts and that will also change the order for all the posts you see.

'54 CJ-3B "Green Gruntt"
Bantam T3-C

IP Logged

Gunslinger
Flatfender Master
Owner Member 2012

Cj3a, M38A1,

Reply #3 - 08/05/19 at 11:29:59
Print Post  
Rus
You are a bonifide GENIUS!!!!!

MUCHO GRACIAS
Gun

Climbs trees, hides in the long grass, hangs out with wet dogs...

IP Logged

Rus Curtis
Flatfender Enthusiast

Retired

Reply #4 - 08/05/19 at 19:25:16
Print Post  
FWIW, I had no idea until MikeP said how to then I started poking around.   The things you stumble upon......

'54 CJ-3B "Green Gruntt"
Bantam T3-C

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print
Bookmarks: Facebook Google Google+ Linked in Twitter Yahoo