Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic fuel tank float thingy (Read 170 times)

MikeP
3A Lover

if it dont work hit it
with a hammer

fuel tank float thingy
07/14/19 at 22:24:01
Print Post  
is this still good or does /should it be replaced when i had power hooked up the gauge worked but also sprung to full and back down to 1/4 so im not sure if its good or not

1950 willys cj3a
IP Logged

Rus Curtis
Flatfender Enthusiast

Retired

Re: fuel tank float thingy
Reply #1 - 07/15/19 at 09:46:46
Print Post  
Mike,
Hard to say from that angle but my float (sending unit) has stops that limit the arm swing.

There are multiple posts (Search function-top right) on sending unit operation covering ground/compatibility, etc.  Yours looks similar to one posted here:
http://www.cj3apage.com/cgi-bin/3Ayabb26/YaBB.pl?action=search2

Since your gauge responds to arm movement, we can probably rule out a grounding problem.  The jump makes me think the sliding contact may be hopping off the wire wraps or a break in those wire wraps causing a break in continuity.

'54 CJ-3B "Green Gruntt"
Bantam T3-C

IP Logged

Brad Y.
Project Jeep

Learning as I go...

Re: fuel tank float thingy
Reply #2 - 07/19/19 at 15:04:40
Print Post  
I recently removed mine and it looks similar to yours. I am not sure if it works or not but figured I would just buy a new one so that I know it works. They are under $30 for a new one. Of course that is just my $0.02 and I know all too well that $20 here and there adds up...so you could always try it and see how it does and if it doesn't work replace it. Luckily that is an easy part to get to  Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print
Bookmarks: Facebook Google Google+ Linked in Twitter Yahoo