Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic New member (Read 71 times)

PatrickD
Grease Monkey

Keepin' it raw!

12/02/18 at 06:40:47
Print Post  
Hello from Switzerland!
I'm glad to join the CJ3A page which I'm sure will be of great help.
I purchased last year a CJ3a from 1951 which is in pretty good condition, having been owned so far by a car dealer. It's a former Swiss Army vehicule with a few specificities.
I've started to dismantle it for a thorough mechanical check, and ofcourse a re-spray.
My first car was an MB (not original) which I had to part with. Driving another Willys was a dream that came true last year. I've been enjoying rides in Willys probably since the age of 5 as there was one in the family. I'll post some pics soon.
Cheers to all
Tocatot

Tocatot

IP Logged

aboyandhisdog
Flatfender Master
Owner Member 2012
2016 Sponsor Member
2015 Sponsor Member

Re: New member
Reply #1 - 12/02/18 at 11:49:45
Print Post  
Great to have you on board, Patrick.  Do you have many 4wd roads in Switzerland?  Not having been there, I really don't know what the "jeep road" landscape is there.  Welcome to the 3A.

Tom

IP Logged

PatrickD
Grease Monkey

Keepin' it raw!

Re: New member
Reply #2 - 12/04/18 at 09:03:51
Print Post  
Hi Tom,
Thanks for your message. Driving off-road here is very much regulated and most tracks and country paths are not opened to cars (except if you're a farmer or woodcutter). This said, best way is to join a club and with the proper authorization, you can drive up some remote areas in the mountains. The scenery is great but it's a small country. France, Italy and even Austria are within reach so that gives some options!
Bye
Patrick

Tocatot

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print
Bookmarks: Facebook Google Google+ Linked in Twitter Yahoo