Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Signal Stat turn sinal switches modified for CJ3A (Read 523 times)

JonL
Project Jeep

Still Plays With Jeeps

Signal Stat turn sinal switches modified for CJ3A
03/13/18 at 17:48:07
Print Post  
I have purchased several NOS Signal-Stat 900 turn signal switches and modified the internal contact configuration and installed all new wiring, along with a new flasher with mountable base, and 14 amp inline fuse, and am offering them for sale here for $100.  I am asking $130 on ebay.  I am planning to start up my website soon (smokingwires.com), to sale them direct.  These switches are now configured to blink the single filament parking lights found on CJ2A, CJ3A, Jeepster, Truck, Wagon and other early vehicles not originally equipped with dual filament bulbs up front.... without the need for butchering the front of our Jeeps. The only changes necessary are running an additional wire to the front and rear lights, and installing an additional brake light, if your Willys doesn't already have one.

Anyone interested can email me at highlnsm@aol.com or call or text me at (214)415-9088.  Thanks,  -Jon L.

20180310_121629_resized.jpg ( 919 KB | 42 Downloads )
20180310_121629_resized.jpg

IP Logged

aboyandhisdog
Flatfender Master
Owner Member 2012
2016 Sponsor Member
2015 Sponsor Member

Re: Signal Stat turn sinal switches modified for CJ3A
Reply #1 - 03/13/18 at 20:56:29
Print Post  
This looks like an excellent upgrade, Jon.  When my current turns crap out on me, I'll be going with this set-up.

Tom

IP Logged

JonL
Project Jeep

Still Plays With Jeeps

Re: Signal Stat turn sinal switches modified for CJ3A
Reply #2 - 03/14/18 at 08:10:41
Print Post  
I look forward to being able to help anybody needing a new switch.  Another thing to note is that since I am doing the mods myself, I can make any wire lead cut to any length you request.  I can make the light leads long enough to run all the way to the lights themselves, I can make the brake light switch lead long enough to run through the firewall and to the switch on the master cylinder, etc.  Meaning less splices.  Just let me know what you need... the wire is only ten cents a foot beyond my standard three foot leads.  Also note that the wire I use is 16 AWG to the lights, and 14 AWG to the headlight switch, brake switch and flasher relay.  A lot of the aftermarket switches being sold nowadays are using 18 AWG (or smaller).

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print
Bookmarks: Facebook Google Google+ Linked in Twitter Yahoo