Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Hello from GPW owner (Read 224 times)

Clay
Grease Monkey

Still Plays With Jeeps
- GPW

Hello from GPW owner
01/06/18 at 09:49:13
Print Post  
Just joined from Albuquerque New Mexico.  I have a 1943 Ford GPW that I am trying to bring back to life and return to as close to original as I can afford.  In the process I am replacing post WWII parts that came installed on it with parts from the WWII period.  Some of the parts that came with it are CJ2A and others are CJ3A.

Currently I am looking for the values of an extra CJ2A engine and an extra CJ3A engine.  The CJ3A engine came out of the jeep while the CJ2A engine is one I picked up with some other parts that I purchased for the jeep.  Both are running.

Please let me know what you think they are worth.  I could certainly part them out and sell the parts on eBay but I would rather not take apart running engines if someone can use them.

Thanks,

Clay

IP Logged

aboyandhisdog
Flatfender Master
Owner Member 2012
2016 Sponsor Member
2015 Sponsor Member

Re: Hello from GPW owner
Reply #1 - 02/09/18 at 11:17:04
Print Post  
Hi Clay, welcome to the 3A page.  I can't say for sure on the values of your engines, too many unknowns at this point, but you may want to list them under the "for sale" section here and also on the G503 and the 2A pages and others.  Value will depend in large part on the compression figures, oil consumption and leaks, among other things.  Details about past rebuilds may also be useful if you have them.  Good luck!

Tom

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print
Bookmarks: Facebook Google Google+ Linked in Twitter Yahoo