Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Florida Car Shows (Read 93 times)

BMIC
3A Guru
Owner Member 2012
2016 Sponsor Member
2015 Sponsor Member

Weekend Mechanic

Florida Car Shows
02/26/17 at 21:26:40
Print Post  
I have been spending my first full winter in Florida since retiring this past fall. It sure beats Maine winters (unless your the Ryan M hardy type) but of the 7 car shows I been to not a 2/3 A in sight. What's up with that? Plenty of Florida members.
PS.. If I see another 32 Ford Roadster Kit Car I'll........

We are masters of the unsaid words, but slaves of those we let slip out... WC

IP Logged

Birddog7
3A Lover
2015 Sponsor Member

Still Plays With Willys

Re: Florida Car Shows
Reply #1 - 02/27/17 at 08:47:42
Print Post  
Visiting family in FL. There was a military show in MT Dora this last weekend an of course a lot of flatties there. If you are on Facebook go to the iffc (international flat fender club). I noticed a lot of folks from FL. There.

Birddog7
1945 CJ2A
1946 CJ2A
1948 CJ2A
1948 CJ3A
1956 CJ3B

IP Logged

athawk11
Flatfender Master
Owner Member 2012
2016 Sponsor Member
2015 Sponsor Member

1949 CJ3A

Re: Florida Car Shows
Reply #2 - 02/27/17 at 16:47:16
Print Post  
We will occasionally go to the “Golden Super Cruise” in Golden Colorado.  This is an informal gathering held once a month from May until September every year.  It is now the largest gathering of cars in Colorado.  Thousands of cars in every make and model you can imagine.  Classics, modifieds, new, old.  Rat Rods to perfect original restorations.  A member of the local Corvette club counted as many as 100+ Corvettes alone.  Hundreds of Camaros.  Hundreds of Mustangs.  Dozens of T-birds and Cobras.  Most are parked, some are crusing.  It’s organized pandemonium.

You will see a couple CJ5s.

You will see one Flat Fender. (Mine)

Needless to say, a Flat Fender is unusual at this gathering.  We get lots of smiles…chasers(we are cruising)…thumbs ups…screamers…yellers, etc.  You get the impression that a Flat Fender is rare.  Half the people we talk with know someone that knows someone that has one, or has driven one.  The other half has no idea what they’re looking at.   I’ve had one person ask if it was some type of a concept car. Smiley

2-1949 CJ3A 
1-1946 CJ2A

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print
Bookmarks: Facebook Google Google+ Linked in Twitter Yahoo