Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic Features in our new forum version (Read 376 times)
Quebec Jeep
YaBB Administrator
Owner Member 2012
2016 Sponsor Member
2015 Sponsor Member

CJ-3A 1950

Features in our new forum version
01/07/15 at 11:48:00
Print Post  
Hi,

I will try to list in this topic the new features of the forum.

1- Member Map
This is not a new feature but it has been updated to use google map. So if you want to be listed back on the map, you need to go into "User CP" and edit your profile to change your proper location. The general "Member Map" button is located in the top grey bar between "User CP" and "Chat".

2- Navigation button
In the bottom grey bar at the left corner, you should see a small Up arrow. This is navigation "Go at top". When you are going deeper into the forum, you should see just at the left of this arrow a navigation index button meaning "go back to previous page".

3- Display
Well, the color and button get changed. For now, we will need to get used to it since there is a bug in the tool to change this. I will try to fix it later because it doesn't prevent the forum from running properly right now. I just hope you like it blueish!

4- Post/thread edit reason
When you modify a post that you already posted, you can now enter the reason why you are editing it.

5- Social button
I did tried it. See the post below. We are able to share our topic through social media like facebook/twitter... by clicking on the appropriate icon at the end of a topic in the left bottom corner.

6- Email directly
I think if you are not hiding your email, A member can email you directly by clicking the email icon just beside the pm (personal message) icon.

7- Speller check
The auto-speller check has been improve. It is now use a google stuff. It make no difference for me as a french canadian so... Grin

8- Chat room
The "Chat" room is just between the "Member Ma"p and "Logout" button in the upper grey bar. Please note that it's a very basic limited chat. It give us the choice to speak directly with people. You need to type what you want to say and then click on the add button at the bottom.

9- Calender
The calender is now build within the forum at the bottom of it. In the previous version, it was a plugin in a separate page in a greyish color. We will not show the birthday in the calender for now. Everybody can enter an event. An event scrolling list will be shown on the right of the calendar for the current month.

10- Poll
The polling option is not a new features but it's more easy to use. It allow us to poll questions and get answers to everyone. A graphic is made and available to everyone.

11- Donation page
We now have our own donation page and will show it once a while to cover the fees to maintain the website up and running. The "Donate" button to access the donation page will appear into the top grey bar between "Chat" and "Logout".F Bill should enjoy it!

12- Send email directly to member from forum
You can send an email to a forum member using the forum email program instead of your own email program. To do this, you need to go into "User CP" and check "Send Emails via the Forum?" under the options then save it.

13- Facebook icon
I added a facebook icon in the top right banner of the forum linked to our facebook page.

14- Like topic button
There is a new button to "like" a topic. It's a green check mark at the top right.

More to come...! I'm getting excited! You? Cool
« Last Edit: 02/24/15 at 15:52:24 by Quebec Jeep » 
Reason: Just to show you this new feature!!! 

I'm jeepcoholic!
IP Logged

athawk11
YaBB Administrator
Owner Member 2012
2016 Sponsor Member
2015 Sponsor Member

1949 CJ3A

Re: Features in our new forum version
Reply #1 - 01/07/15 at 12:33:10
Print Post  
The member map thing is pretty cool.  Just don't show up unannounced! Grin

Tim

2-1949 CJ3A 
1-1946 CJ2A

IP Logged

Quebec Jeep
YaBB Administrator
Owner Member 2012
2016 Sponsor Member
2015 Sponsor Member

CJ-3A 1950

Reply #2 - 01/07/15 at 19:51:31
Print Post  
I created a poll to know your preferences for the calendar.

I'm jeepcoholic!
IP Logged

Quebec Jeep
YaBB Administrator
Owner Member 2012
2016 Sponsor Member
2015 Sponsor Member

CJ-3A 1950

Reply #3 - 01/08/15 at 09:32:28
Print Post  
About the Social media sharing button;

I just tried it.
To be able to share a post on a social media, you need an account associated with that media.
As an example, I shared a post through facebook on our facebook page.

Here is printscreen;

SocialsharingFacebookhowto.png ( 59 KB | 15 Downloads )
SocialsharingFacebookhowto.png
SocialsharingFacebook.png ( 459 KB | 14 Downloads )
SocialsharingFacebook.png

I'm jeepcoholic!
IP Logged

Quebec Jeep
YaBB Administrator
Owner Member 2012
2016 Sponsor Member
2015 Sponsor Member

CJ-3A 1950

Reply #4 - 01/13/15 at 09:39:00
Print Post  
Here is the results about the poll : Would you like to add birthday into the calendar?

71% (if you added "only event" votes) said NO.

So, the birthdate is not shown into the calendar but for now it will be shown at the bottom of the forum into the birthdays list.

If you don't want to appear on that list, you need to check "Hide age and birth year?" in your profile under "User CP". OR set your birthdate to "--" for day,month,year.

Thank to all members who take time to vote. It's appreciated.
Pascal

Also, I gave access to everyone to the calendar and event. People who are not registered in the forum can see the calendar and the event scroll banner beside it. They can't change/add/modify things.
« Last Edit: 01/13/15 at 11:07:26 by Quebec Jeep »  

I'm jeepcoholic!
IP Logged

Quebec Jeep
YaBB Administrator
Owner Member 2012
2016 Sponsor Member
2015 Sponsor Member

CJ-3A 1950

Reply #5 - 01/20/15 at 14:36:17
Print Post  
I need to figure out why the past event is still showing in the scrolling banner....

I'm jeepcoholic!
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print
Bookmarks: Facebook Google Google+ Linked in Twitter Yahoo