Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Print
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) HAPPY Thanksgiving !!!!... (Read 909 times)

F Bill
YaBB Administrator

HAPPY Thanksgiving !!!!...
11/17/13 at 10:26:01
Print Post  
In the spirit of the season I would like to extend a hearty THANK YOU to all our admins who help to keep the page running and happy.

Pascal....your IT talents are greatly needed and we are lucky to have you helping out and taking care of all those techie things I have no clue about.

John... Your tireless signing up of members in not unnoticed. Thanks for all the time you put in. I appreciate you taking time to personally email all the new members with their login info and a personalized welcome.

Nate...We appreciate all the new ideas you have added, and the fresh perspective from someone who isn't an old fart....and no, we ain't letting you quit.

All the new members:  Thanks for putting up with the somewhat clunky log in procedure.. It keeps the spammers away, you know, the guys who like to jam us up at night trying to harvest emails and spam our boards...

The frequent posters:  Wow..what can I say..we are getting some serious work done or shops.......Thank you for posting your success stories, and your problems to encourage us all to keep at it. No longer can I just look at the last 10 posts as we are too busy for that most days..

And everyone else...the guys who donated to cover the costs, the guys who add a little bit here and there, Bob W. who corrects us when we don't have a clue what we are talking about as far as how WILLYS did things...and there are more I am missing I am sure.

I am very pleased with how this has all turned out after our takeover by the members. Without Dave Eilers  of eWillys guiding that process we might not have been able to do that so well, and we'd probably still be figuring out who was gonna host the page, etc.

It's been a lot of fun, lets keep it up!
« Last Edit: 11/28/13 at 10:32:46 by F Bill »  

Owner of the world famous?? Pintojeep 3A and one yet to be named stock project 3A.
Based in central TX and upstate NY.

IP Logged

garage gnome
YaBB Administrator
2013 Sponsor Member

Rustologist

Re: IT's almost Thanksgivng time...
Reply #1 - 11/17/13 at 17:04:57
Print Post  
I'd like to say thanks to Bill for being the backbone of this board!

Nate in Western MA 1953 3A #3268, The Jalopy, '47 2A Wheelin' rig, '49 3A, #37071, unmolested, bone stock named Ted

IP Logged

Quebec Jeep
YaBB Administrator
Owner Member 2012
2016 Sponsor Member
2015 Sponsor Member

CJ-3A 1950

Reply #2 - 11/17/13 at 18:03:29
Print Post  
Yep! Thank you Bill. I second all what you said.

I'm jeepcoholic!
IP Logged

johnrb3b
YaBB Administrator
Owner Member 2012

No such thing as too many
Jeeps

Reply #3 - 11/18/13 at 13:34:35
Print Post  
Here, here.
What he said.
(Two ways to say the same thing.)
Smiley

1946 2A - - - 1949 me - older than most of my Jeeps
1954 3B - - - 1957 Wagon - - - 2010 4-door JK
past Jeeps ---> '54 3B - no tub --- '59 3B - no engine
past addiction - VW ---> '69 bus --- '70 camper --- '84 camper

IP Logged

SteveW
3A Guru

Still Plays With Jeeps

Reply #4 - 11/18/13 at 17:48:24
Print Post  
It was good to get the word out to other sites. I had given up on old site. I still need help and enjoy helping others. Generic stuff is o.k but sometimes you need to know what is what with 3a's. This thing has legs now and it will only get bigger and better.

1950 CJ3A complete except for top. 1950 CJ3A in process of being sold to a friend. 1946 Bantam T3-C trailer, 1946 Cushman Step Thru Scooter.

IP Logged

athawk11
YaBB Administrator
Owner Member 2012
2016 Sponsor Member
2015 Sponsor Member

1949 CJ3A

Reply #5 - 11/18/13 at 21:09:26
Print Post  
I would also like to thank Bill and all the admins.  You have all made this daily visit a very nice experience for me.  I've said it before...I'll say it again...there isn't a more friendly and informative Willys site than this one.

To all the regulars and newer members...thanks to you also.  Your contributions are always interesting and fun.

GO 3A PAGE!! Smiley

Tim

2-1949 CJ3A 
1-1946 CJ2A

IP Logged

BMIC
3A Guru
Owner Member 2012
2016 Sponsor Member
2015 Sponsor Member

Weekend Mechanic

Reply #6 - 11/19/13 at 07:16:11
Print Post  
My THANKS as well to Bill, Pascal, John, and Nate... as Tim said your efforts have made this site a nice daily experience.

My perfect Thanksgiving will be to get up at 5am for a morning working on my jeep until noon, shower before dinner with 12 family members, football at 4pm, in the sack by 10.

We are masters of the unsaid words, but slaves of those we let slip out... WC

IP Logged

F Bill
YaBB Administrator

Reply #7 - 11/19/13 at 15:47:45
Print Post  
SteveW wrote on 11/18/13 at 17:48:24:
It was good to get the word out to other sites. I had given up on old site. I still need help and enjoy helping others. Generic stuff is o.k but sometimes you need to know what is what with 3a's. This thing has legs now and it will only get bigger and better.

Steve, I really appreciate the quality of your posts.. What site did I post on that brought you back?
I also enjoy helping out when I can, it is the only real jeep work I get to do lately with the way my job keeps me out on the road all the time. 245 motel rooms last year, and approaching that this year. I have taken to dragging along a bicycle project so I can at least do SOMETHING with my hands. (Current bike is  a Swing Bike, last one is a 1940's CWC Roadmaster that I am still in search of some key parts for. )

Owner of the world famous?? Pintojeep 3A and one yet to be named stock project 3A.

IP Logged

SteveW
3A Guru

Still Plays With Jeeps

Reply #8 - 11/19/13 at 19:17:53
Print Post  
I have been a long timer on the Gee 503. I was one who enjoyed the good news and announcement forum and really enjoyed the Politics forum which was killed by the whiners even though it was clear what was going on inside. It is pretty much ruined now and even the CJ tech where I first started with my jeep is all but dead. I still check it but only takes about 5 minutes now. The rules are clear here and it is no problem. They kept changing over there and that became a problem.

1950 CJ3A complete except for top. 1950 CJ3A in process of being sold to a friend. 1946 Bantam T3-C trailer, 1946 Cushman Step Thru Scooter.

IP Logged

SteveW
3A Guru

Still Plays With Jeeps

Reply #9 - 11/20/13 at 07:14:47
Print Post  
Here was post on the Gee Bill in August

http://g503.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=208552

Man all that traveling you do. I want to go home and see my wife and house every night. I spent 9 years working on traffic signals down here, seen enough driving and crazy drivers to last me a lifetime. No gypsy blood in me.

IP Logged

F Bill
YaBB Administrator

Reply #10 - 11/20/13 at 10:29:33
Print Post  
Thanks, Steve.. I updated the links in that post and bumped it up to the top.

IP Logged

Gunslinger
Flatfender Master
Owner Member 2012

Cj3a, M38A1,

Reply #11 - 11/20/13 at 20:51:42
Print Post  
BMIC
What are you going to do in the shower with 12 family member?    Grin

Climbs trees, hides in the long grass, hangs out with wet dogs...

IP Logged

BMIC
3A Guru
Owner Member 2012
2016 Sponsor Member
2015 Sponsor Member

Weekend Mechanic

Reply #12 - 11/21/13 at 04:59:13
Print Post  

Ahh but for a missing comma.....
Hey Gun's thanks, do you think I will be able to look across the dinner table at my mother in-law now without laughing?

We are masters of the unsaid words, but slaves of those we let slip out... WC

IP Logged

F Bill
YaBB Administrator

Re: HAPPY Thanksgiving !!!!...
Reply #13 - 11/28/13 at 10:38:35
Print Post  
Bubbling this back to the top to say HaPPY THaNKSGIVING to everyone who isn't busy frying turkeys or peeling  eggs this morning.  Also corrected the spelling in the title.

Fortunately no relatives will be joining me in the shower... Grin Grin Grin, as they aren't but 2000 miles away.  Going to a dinner with all the trimmings later today, already have the deviled eggs done and ready to eat and the parade is on TV. (Who decides what these people wear anyway..shorts and long red boots???HUH??)

As Jeff likes to say...Life  is Good!

IP Logged

SteveW
3A Guru

Still Plays With Jeeps

Re: HAPPY Thanksgiving !!!!...
Reply #14 - 11/28/13 at 10:52:36
Print Post  
I got up and 3:30 this morning to put turkey in the smoker. I am asked to smoke one every year for either Thanksgiving or Christmas. We use garlic and honey for the flavor and it is so good that it hasn't been altered in many years. To everyone have a great day and remember what to be thankful for.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Print
Bookmarks: Facebook Google Google+ Linked in Twitter Yahoo