Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Normal Topic A little progress (Read 802 times)
3A Guru

Still Plays With Jeeps

Posts: 271
Location: Edmonton, AB
Joined: 04/22/13
Gender: Male
A little progress
09/22/13 at 19:36:04
Print Post  
I finally feel like this project is going somewhere.

I just finished assembling the rear axle, after replacing every seal and gasket, along with the carrier and shaft bearings.  The brakes have a lot of new parts, too--everything that comes in the overhaul kit from Walcks.

Only one part got wrecked in the process--the pinion seal, which is, of course, the very last thing I was installing.  I put it in backwards.  Roll Eyes  Damaged it trying to get it in, and there was no way it was coming out intact either.  Took me a few minutes to figure out what I had done wrong.  Oh well, I just used the one I had bought for the front.  I've got more things to order before I can finish the front anyway.

Thanks to everyone here--without your help I wouldn't have gotten this far!  And I know there's a lot further to go, so expect the questions to continue...

Back to top
IP Logged
Flatfender Master
Owner Member 2012


Posts: 1744
Location: Taylorsville Ky
Joined: 10/18/10
Gender: Male
Re: A little progress
Reply #1 - 09/22/13 at 20:35:27
Print Post  
keep on wrenchin'.
Back to top
IP Logged
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Bookmarks: Facebook Google Google+ Linked in Twitter Yahoo