Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Print
Sticky Topic Old Member but Can't log in?? READ THIS!!!! (Read 736 times)

F Bill
YaBB Administrator

Old Member but Can't log in?? READ THIS!!!!
04/12/11 at 12:07:30
Print Post  
It has come to may attention viewing the daily error logs for the forum that there may be folks who should be among us, but are no longer members.. Every day I see a few repeated attempts at logging in where the user cannot get on the board.

Why this is happening:

1: The user might have been eliminated from the membership list inadvertently during a software change.  Embarrassed Just email me and tell me your original user name, and I will get you re registered asap.

2: The member might have forgotten their password...I can reset your password to something new if you email me.

3: Yes, this happens...The user might not be logging in on the right jeep board....I'll be glad to sign ya up here too ! Cheesy

4: During one of my fits of spammer elimination, I may have dropped an inactive genuine user.I am sorry about that, I didn't mean  to ..  Again, a simple email will cure this.

5: You may have posted a spamming link in a post and proved to us you are not jeep material. Sorry. Go find another job or get a life, we don't need or want links to your junk. Even if you post cheesy "I am so glad to be here and I love your willy" messages.

I cannot chase the folks down who cannot get in, I hope the legit ones read this and email me. My email is NFord2N  on the AOL (do it in the usual format.com with no spaces, and you will get to me..)

Bill Foshay   in Texas, volunteer admin for the 3A page forum and a hopeless Willys Addict.
« Last Edit: 04/12/11 at 23:15:49 by F Bill »  

Owner of the world famous?? Pintojeep 3A and one yet to be named stock project 3A.
Based in central TX and upstate NY.

IP Logged

Forum Master
YaBB Administrator

Re: Old Member but Can't log in?? READ THIS!!!!
Reply #1 - 04/12/11 at 18:07:47
Print Post  
Thanks Bill for all your help!!!!

IP Logged

hawkjeep
Project Jeep

jeep is fun Santa Ana
CA

Reply #2 - 11/04/11 at 16:40:43
Print Post  
Hey I just had to eliminate a bunch of old members who hadn't posted anything or loggied in even in over a year. So if you are one of those guys, you will need to reregister. I think MOST of them were spambots but some may have not been...

BTW I am logged in as HAWKJEEP who I have been fighting to get logged in for an hour now. I had to delete his user name and then go back and sign him up again to get him in here......so while I was deleting names , I figured I would clean house.

Welcome Hawkjeep when he gets here, he's been trying for a while now.  Embarrassed

OK, I will sign out and back as

F BILL

1950 Cj3a 3j45548 l134 t90 t18&&1948 cj2a 155822 v6 t14 t18
GTalkAIM  
IP Logged

F Bill
YaBB Administrator

Reply #3 - 11/04/11 at 16:42:24
Print Post  
By the mnagic of computer technology I am logged in now as F Bill, and Hawkjeep should be able to get on board now!!  Smiley

Owner of the world famous?? Pintojeep 3A and one yet to be named stock project 3A.
Based in central TX and upstate NY.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Print
Bookmarks: Facebook Google Google+ Linked in Twitter Yahoo